lunedì 29 novembre 2010

My daily winter bread

I'm about to tuck into my daily lunch of ribollita soup....
In winter I am a cavolo nero aficionado, and seize any occasion to use it. Tuesday I bought two bunches at my lovely local market, where many farmers bring their own produce. One went into my weekly supply of ribollita, the other I will turn into a mixed pulse and kale soup.
On a cold day I like nothing better than a lovely soup. I make it out of anything, often with the addition of ginger, which gives even the most bland and humble ingredients an interesting twist. Always without oil, which I add in the plate, except for pumpkin soup, where the addition of oil (or butter) is necessary to benefit from the lipo-soluble supply of Vitamin A.
The other advantage is having lunch ready every day for a week! And you know what? I never grow tired of eating a good soup, even 7 days in a row.  It's tasty, it's healthy and it's lean. You won't need Dr Oz's advice when you start eating like this!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento